- 28 years of professional experience in voice acting and audio production.
- Ability to fill multiple roles or solve multiple problems. Voiceatile!
- Full-time availability for quickest turnaround.
- Access to a network of other trusted voice over artists.
- Working with industry organizations to promote ethics and professional standards in the VO industry.
- Hassle-free workflow.
- For standalone projects such as commercials, corporate videos, explainer videos etc., turnaround is typically same day, often within hours of receiving the script. Long-form projects such as eLearning courses may take a little longer, dependent upon scheduling, but in most cases courses of a few modules can be accomplished same day.
- Always. Just send your script and any directions (and pronunciations of acronyms/abbreviations if applicable) and I will record a portion of the script for your approval.
- Need help? Any of my agents will be more than happy to assist you, that’s what they do.
- Not sure what to budget for voiceover? Use these helpful online rate guides to help develop an accurate budget.
- SAGAFTRA Numbers: Select type of project, enter quantities & select parameters, Done! http://sagaftranumbers.sagaftra.org/
- Global Voice Over Academy Rate Guide: Dependable numbers for many different types of projects. http://www.globalvoiceacademy.com/resources/voice-over-industry-standard-rate-guide/
- Voiceover rates are based upon 2 elements: session and usage. Session is the actual recording of your project, and usage is where, how and for how long you plan to use my voice recording.
- For standalone projects like eLearning, explainer and corporate videos, the quoted rate covers both elements. This only changes if you repurpose a recording (e.g., turning an explainer or corporate video into a TV commercial).
- For commercials, factor in how many different media you plan to use the spot (radio/TV/web paid pre-roll/cinema), markets (local, regional, national broadcast, national cable) and the length of time you plan to run the spot (8 weeks, 13 weeks, 1 year, etc.). Furnishing this info when inquiring helps me or my agents generate the most accurate quote for you.
- I do not offer ‘buyout in perpetuity’ for commercials, all usage is for a set time.
- I am more than happy to repair any errors that may have occurred in the recording at no charge. In cases of script updates or changes in reading style/character after delivery of the final recording, this becomes a fresh session and is at the same rate.
- Your information is safe with Voiceatile. I do not share any contact data. Any information that is received in the process of doing business will stay confidential and protected. Your inquiry or retaining of my services indicates opt-in consent to be contacted by me either with infrequent informational/promotional updates or on existing business. I will NEVER spam you!
- I record and produce voiceovers for TV and Radio commercials, corporate videos, e-learning and educational courses, museum and travel guides, documentaries, as well as TV series, phone messaging, and explainer videos. I also sing jingles comprising both lead and harmony vocals, and am a multi-instrumentalist as well as an audio engineer/producer and a composer/arranger/recording artist with many albums released.
- If you will simply be monitoring and/or directing and not recording audio on your end, Skype is a quick and easy way to listen in, you will receive the audio directly from my microphone.
- If you need to record audio on your end, we can connect with ipDTL or Source Connect.
- A simple phone call is another good way to monitor, though the Internet options seem to be best integrated.
- My natural voice is a measured midwest accent, or lack thereof – I was born & raised in Long Island, New York but spent 25 years in Cleveland Ohio and 8 in North Carolina before moving here to greater Houston Texas. So my normal voice is somewhat non-descript and very accessible – unless you would like an accent or character, in which case things get very interesting!
- I can reliably deliver conversational, friendly, warm, excited, genuine, robust, hard sell, real person, characters, knowledgeable, trustworthy, and many more aspects.
- In addition I have a wide arsenal of character voices, from low to high range and in various degrees of wackiness or not, that could be applied to give your commercial or other project a lift.
- As a professional musician since 1982, I’ve been involved in everything from punk rock to weddings to commercial recording sessions to jazz big bands to theater pit orchestras.
- My comedy band Power Salad has released 7 full-length CDs, a vinyl 45 and a vinyl LP over the years, doing funny songs in all kinds of different styles. We’ve been a mainstay on the legendary “Dr. Demento” radio show, continuing currently, and have scored many hits. We are at www.PowerSalad.com.
- I can compose & produce jingles or background music for your project, or add vocals to your existing tracks.
- Partner Voice Talent
- I have access to a large pool of confirmed professional voice talent of all kinds and in multiple languages, some of whom I work with on a consistent basis. Need a French voice for a commercial or multiple characters for a corporate training or eLearning scenario? I work with many fine folks and can access their services for you.
As someone heavily invested in a healthy voiceover industry, I’ve found it best to not associate with companies who do not treat talent (and in many cases you the client) fairly. What is currently the major online voiceover marketplace, has recently been proven to engage in business practices that are unethical, devious, and unfair and nearly injurious to both the companies hiring voice talent through their platform, and especially to the voice talent themselves who pay the company to participate, and are the true customers of this company. From inserting company staff needlessly into transactions between the talent and the hirer, taking inflated and exploitative fees in the process, to misrepresenting budgets to both sides of the transaction so that they may skim the most ‘profit’ off each project, to assuming all rights to the recordings of the voice talent customers, which is a blatant violation of US copyright laws, this company has eschewed any goodwill on the part of the voiceover industry. They are currently trying to rewrite the rules to benefit themselves, attempting to usurp the right to cast union talents from established talent agencies, and put them out of business as a result. This attempt at a monopoly and hostile market takeover (in the name of Web 2.0-era “industry disruption”) is having a drastic effect on the voiceover industry, and as a matter of professional service I feel it is my duty to not only not support this business model, but also to inform where this company has refused to inform, letting you know that the caliber of talent available through this platform is dropping, as the skilled talent leave the site and uninformed, unskilled talent flock with aspirations but no skills nor benefit to you.
What does all this mean? It means that for the best quality voiceover service, the best bet is still a pro you can trust and develop a relationship with, and not just someone to talk into a microphone on a single project basis. We can all do that, but only the professionals who comport themselves in an ethical manner, available directly or through trusted talent agencies, are those equipped to bring you the best that voiceover has to offer. You will not find the best people on the online ‘cafeteria’ platforms, no matter their advertising or call-center reassurances. You can be assured that hiring direct or through an agency gives you the best results. The reason why? We are all personally invested in our careers and the health of our industry, unlike those entities that would treat voice actors as dime-a-dozen commodities.
For more on the ethics of the voiceover industry, see The World-Voices Organization at www.World-Voices.org.